The four sizes of hearing aid batteries are listed below along with their standard number and color codes.
Today’s hearing aid batteries are “zinc-air.” Because the batteries are air-activated, a factory-sealed sticker keeps them “inactive” until you remove the sticker. Once the sticker is removed from the back of the battery, oxygen in the air contacts the zinc within the battery, and the battery is “turned-on”. So, don’t remove the tab until you are ready to use the battery. Zinc-air batteries have a “shelf life” of up to three years when stored in a cool, dry environment.
It is safer to store batteries in room temperature; storing in cool or hot place shortens their life. It is also important to keep open the hearing aid battery compartment at night to allow moisture to evaporate. If the battery gets wet, take it out dispose it off and insert a fresh battery.
*COCHLEAR IMPLANT BATTERIES AVAILABLE*
Vaibhav Hearing center will achieve:
- High quality client care
- Significant commercial success
- World leadership in hearing rehabilitation, devices, techniques and hearing loss prevention
- Provider of choice status for services to all eligible hearing-impaired people.
- Our friendly staff will work with you to discuss the best solution for your hearing needs.
- Our staff will help you arrange appointments, provide information and answer any questions you might have.
What We Offer
- Specialist care
- The latest hearing aid technology to suit your particular needs
- A prompt repair service